Guests of Econo Lodge Inn and Suites absolutely love our location! Located just 30 minutes west of Portland you’ll find Oregon’s fifth-largest city, Hillsboro. If you’re looking for a bit of fun, you’ll find plenty of outdoor adventures, shopping opportunities, and international cuisine. Visit the one-of-a-kind rock museum, hike the Jackson Bottom Wetlands and Preserve, spend a wonderful day at the Shute Park Aquatic and Recreation Center, or have some family fun at the international air show. You’ll find stunning natural scenery abound and our hotel offers convenient access to everything awaiting you in the Tualatin Valley!
If you would like a little help figuring out your Hillsboro plans, feel free to swing by our friendly front desk. We would love to offer suggestions on the best places to visit, directions to awesome dining destinations, and so much more!
Shute Park Aquatic and Recreation Center (SHARC) offers guests one day passes for those looking for recreational activities as well as relaxation. You’ll discover aquatics is the main activity with three pools, a spa pool, dry sauna, and water exercise classes, group fitness classes and recreation amenities. You will find on-site child care, full cardio and weight room, spin room, personal trainers, and massage. This facility will keep you and your family entertained and relaxed during your stay with us.
Located minutes southwest of our hotel, Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve’s 635 acres are a quiet sanctuary for both people and wildlife. The preserve is a haven for bird watchers, with over 211 species of birds sighted annually, including Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, Tundra Swans, and Northern Pintails. The Preserve is home to deer, otters, beavers, and thousands of other species. These wetlands are a treasure for the entire family offering education, panoramic views, trails, and recreation.
You’ll find a world-class collection of rocks and minerals at the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals renowned as the finest collection in the Pacific Northwest and one of the best in the nation. Located in Hillsboro, just under 10 minutes from our hotel, the Museum showcases not only fine rocks and minerals, but also fossils, meteorites, lapidary art, and gemstones from both the Pacific Northwest and all around the world. Visitors of all ages will enjoy touring this museum.
Things to Do
- MAX Light Rail Syst 0.6 mi
- Shute Park Aquatic and Recreation Center 0.1 mi
- Pacific University, Health Profession Campus 0.5 mi
- Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center 0.9 mi
- HART Theatre 1.1 mi
- Hillsboro Civic Center 1.2 mi
- Classic Aircraft Aviation Museum 1.9 mi
- Rood Bridge Park 2.2 mi
- Hillsboro Airport 2.3 mi
- The Reserve Vineyards & Golf Club 4.7 mi
- Topgolf 5.0 mi
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve 5.0 mi
- Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals 6.9 mi
- Washington County Museum 8.9 mi
- Oregon Zoo 15.1 mi
- Amelia's Exquisite Mexican Restaurant 1.0 mi
- Elmer's Restaurant 1.2 mi
- Syun Japanese Restaurant & Sake Club 1.3 mi
- Hale's Restaurant and Lounge 1.4 mi
- Vivi's Vietnamese Noodle House 1.7 mi
- MOD Pizza 2.7 mi
- Copper River Restaurant & Bar 4.4 mi
- BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse 4.5 mi
- Gyro House Mediterranean Grill 4.8 mi
- A.B.V. Public House 5.9 mi